Sunday 27 January 2013

Sunday Runday

It felt good to be back pounding the pavement again. I decided to save my $15 for the gym and ran outside. It was absolutely gorgeous today. Sunny and warm for a January day. I wore capris, a lightweight jacket, a long sleeved shirt and then a shirt sleeved shirt underneath. A mile into my run and I took my coat off! I felt great. My average pace was 9:02min/miles for the eight miles I ran. The last mile was more of a cool down and I was planning on walking the rest of the way but decided to do a light jog until I reached eight. Something I realized today, running on snow is hard! Your feet kind of slip and can't grip the snow and my pace really slowed down on those parts.There was only snow for a bit but other than that the sidewalks were pretty clear. I can't wait until it warms up and I can get outside more, I'm a big chicken when it's really cold outside. That's why I signed up for Crossfit :).

Before my run I ate lunch of black bean burgers, carrots and broccoli and a corn muffin. This morning I made pumpkin pancakes and they were sooo good! Love pumpkin pancakes.With of course peanut butter and banana. Now that I've run those eight miles I think some frozen yogurt is in order, I have a groupon and I've been craving some for a while. Need that fuel for Crossfit tomorrow!

Here's what I'm planning for workouts this week:

M: Crossfit
T: 30 Day Shred (Level 2 Maybe)
W: Run or Crossfit
Th: 30 Day Shred
F: Rest
S: Crossfit
S: Rest

Since I've started Crossfit I haven't been doing the shred. My upper body has been sore the past two days and yesterday when I tried to do push-ups I couldn't do it, it was after Crossfit so probably not the smartest thing to do. I want to continue to do it on the mornings I work though. Okay, I think I'm going to get some fro-yo, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment