Monday 28 January 2013

Monday Rambles

Hey there! Today has been a quiet day. We got an unexpected snow fall last night that resulted in quite a bit of snow and my brother ended up having his exam cancelled. This morning I woke up pretty hungry and was going to a Crossfit class at 10 so I wanted something filling but wouldn't weigh me down. French toast it was!


I took two slices of Udi's Gluten Free Millet/Chia Bread  and dunked it in a cinnamon, vanilla and egg white bath. I cooked them in some coconut oil and they were delicious! I slathered on a bit of peanut butter and of course had to have my banana and peanut butter on the side :). I prefer to dip my french toast into the maple syrup so I have some with each bite. I probably only used half of what you see there. That's pure maple syrup, we only use the Canadian best in my house.

After I walked to my Crossbit box since I couldn't get a ride. Let's say that the next hardest thing to running in snow is walking in it. My calves were burning and I was sweating before I even got there.

When I got to the box there was the earlier class finishing up the WOD, and they were totally beat. I was nervous to what I was getting my self into but told myself I would do the best I could. After warming up we did the buy in:

EMOM for 6 minutes 3 reps of front squats.

I started with 10lbs on my bar but it was pretty easy so near the end I switched to 15lbs and it definitely made it tougher but I was still capable of doing the squats. And then the WOD.

20 Wall Balls, 15 Pull-Ups, 15 Ring Dips (Push-ups for me!)
20 Wall Balls, 12 Pull-Ups, 12 Ring Dips
20 Wall Balls, 9 Pull-Ups, 9 Ring Dips
20 Wall Balls, 6 Pull-Ups, 6 Ring Dips
20 Wall Balls, 3 Pull-Ups, 3 Ring Dips

I do a less intense Crossfit class so this was scaled down from the regular class but it was just as tough. I used a blue band for the pull-ups (the thickest there was) and a 8lb ball for the wall balls. I finished in 15:45 and was dripping sweat by the end. After Crossfit I snacked on an apple, kind bar and some almonds. The corn muffins I had with my lunch. I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix. I like to top them with raspberry jam, yum.


Pomegranate, Blueberry, Pistachio - My favorite!



I was so tired when I got home I just wanted to take a nap. Whenever I do an intense workout I always want to take a nap, anyone know why?

The rest of the day has been spent eating, sleeping (I did take a nap) and some grocery shopping. Now I'm sitting on the couch relaxing before I tackle three straight days of work. I'm going to wake up early tomorrow to do Level 2 of the 30 day shred. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment