Saturday 26 January 2013

Another Day, Another Crossfit Class

Another class completed! Since I bought a unlimited pass for Crossfit I'm trying to get in as many classes as my life and body will allow me. I woke up a bit sore in my arms and shoulders but after looking at the WOD last night for today it didn't look too bad. I was a bit nervous going into today's WOD because it was done in groups of three. Luckily I was placed in a group with two other woman who were very friendly and helpful. Today's WOD was this:

With one person working as a team complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes.
  • 200m row
  • 10 front squats
  • 10 toes to bar
  • 1 rope climb
  • 10 dumbbell thrusters
 In my group we split up the each exercise. For example, I would do 5 front squats and then someone else would complete the other 5. Mine was slightly modified. Instead of toes to bar I lifted my knees as high as I could, although I feel like I could do the toes to bar, or at least halfway. But that's probably just how I see it in my mind ;). And instead of the rope climb I started on the ground and pulled myself up with my arms while maintaining my body in plank position and lowering myself down again. That was hard but I did it! One of my goals in crossfit is definitely to climb that rope. I will do it!

I was going to do the 30 day shred but my arms couldn't even do a push up so I decided that I'd do it tomorrow, maybe start level 2. I'm also going to go to the gym tomorrow and run 4-5 miles. I'm thinking of doing some intervals, I haven't run in a week and am really itching to get my legs moving!

One of my fitness goals is to climb a rope in crossfit and run another half-marathon this year, what are some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment